So...let me tell you about something that I'm a part of that gets me really excited.
Last semester my friend Elise and my campus minister Danah and I started a thing called REVamp. Revolution: Awareness Motivating Prayer. The idea is to increase awareness at Campus House about social justice matters and what's happening around the world so that we can better pray for ministries and intercede for the lost. We are also hoping to introduce students to things that they can develop passions for and act against or for. We've started it up again this year and have two students that are new to Campus House involved in planning with us! It's so exciting to expand our team and to have Ivy & Beth, two women passionate about seeing God's movement in lives around the world!
Today we were meeting to talk about our first REVamp and the idea of radicals and activists and people who live their cause came up. We got around to how we wish we could do that and how people like that make us question whether something's off in our own lives - what do they have that I don't? So I was thinking, for a long time I lived like that, measuring myself against other people - comparing. Sometimes I felt completely unoriginal, just a copy, or a sloppy collage of godly women and men that I had encountered. Actually sometimes I still feel that way. And it's then that I know I must stop and refocus on the One that each of those influences in my life was reflecting, their common denominator.
We had some really challenging conversation and I'm looking forward to getting together with these girls this year. Elise told us about this guy named Keith Green. I'd never heard of him before so I looked him up. The four of us are watching a documentary about his life on Sunday, so I may say more, but this is something in his bio online that grabbed my attention. He said, "Loving Him is to be our cause. The can take care of a lot of other causes without us, but He can't make us love Him with all our heart. That's the work we must do...Anything else is an imitation." I think that's one thing we should express at our kick-off REVamp in a couple weeks. I'm so excited about the direction REVamp is headed this year. We'll see!
(Note to self: I've got more to say about this...about what I've been learning. Basics. Vibrant relationship. Growing-up.)
No comments:
Post a Comment