Baby Update: Week 25


Due date: July 22, 2013

Baby size: 9 - 13 inches, eggplant or rutabaga now & weighing 1.5 - 2 lbs.

Total weight gain: about 17 lbs or 8 kg, no gain this week.

Maternity clothes: A couple of friends have given me their old stretch pants, although they are enormous on me. Sweet of them! This week I was actually forced back into some of my jeans because of dirty laundry. They were fine, but definitely not the joy my maternity jeans are.

Sleep: Sleeping so much! And I've been sleeping really well too, thankfully!

Movement: Our little girl was crazy this week! I assume she's developed and big enough for some major activity, but not so grown that she's crowded yet. She seemed to be turning somersaults. We can also actually see my belly jumping when she's moving sometimes also. Kenny's feeling her all the time now. He's started poking and bugging us more than we like.

Food cravings: Baked potatoes...glad we have a microwave now and it only takes 12 minutes! Also, oatmeal. Made some delicious granola and excited to try some new recipes for granola bars and muffins.

Symptoms: I believe I've developed carpal tunnel, which isn't that strange, I read. The baby's growing and putting stress on nerves that she didn't before, I guess. I wake up sometimes with my hands asleep and tingling...no big deal right now. Also, gotta get tested for a uti...bleh. Probably some antibiotics coming my way that are supposed to wipe out my immune system some. Again, apparently this isn't that strange...sort of normal pregnancy stuff.

Gender: Girl!

Labor Signs: No.

Goals for the Week: Walking everyday cause its supposed to be beautiful and drinking lots more water. Since we returned from Germany, our water tastes really different to me and I didn't do as well last week, only got a liter most days. My goal is more than two everyday.

Feeling toward Pregnancy: We were just talking about how great I've felt lately. All is pretty good and all this baby moving is such a joy. Not in a rush for this to end, just enjoying every moment!

Best moment this week: Just loving all the movement! It was fun to let a couple of friends feel her and see their joy and surprise too.

What I miss: Nothing right now!

What I am looking forward to: I am excited to gather things for our baby. We received a sweet little newborn sleeper from some friends yesterday and it got me really excited for baby things. Because things in the US are much better quality for the price, we're waiting to get things when we get there. We won't be able to bring a lot back to Albania with us, but I've got a list of things that we really hope to get there.

Fears or uncertainties to surrender: Still trying not to worry about the little things and communication between cultures. I know this isn't the last time get to deal with this type of thing living the life we live in the middle of two cultures. Just trying to relax.

Milestones: Not this week.

Albanian Culture and Pregnancy Tidbit: I didn't learn anything new this week.

Not the most exciting week of pregnancy, but things steady and we're doing great!

1 comment:

John said...

Kenny, quit tickling and start reading to the Little One - English please :)