

Ok...first on my list of craft accomplishments is my yo-yo quilt. I've been working on fabric yo-yos for about a year and a half, I think. The first winter we were married...2009. Yes, a year and a half.
It all started because of a find on Etsy. I saw some pillows with some super cute embellishments called fabric yo-yos and fell in love. Became obsessed. I bought a yo-yo maker and some fabric at our local quilt shop. And started out to do some pillows for our bedroom. I went crazy, folks. I just kept going back and buying more fabric and the pile got bigger and bigger and today I have....741! 741. 741.
I really wasn't very diligent at it, just working here and there. It got pretty mindless, so it was great for lazy evenings, especially during the winter when we'd just watch tv or something in the evenings. Or for roadtrips. I could get 15 or so done on a trip down to Mom and Dad's if I could stay awake. (I have a tendency to fall asleep in the car - always.) So...I've plugged away. And yesterday I finished. All the fabric squares that I had cut are yo-yo-ed and I'm not doing anymore for a loooong time. At least not anymore in shades of blue or brown. :]
So I just finished the last one and laid them out just how I want them. They are now in labeled baggies so that I don't mess anything up, and I'm working on stitching them together in these hexagon shapes and then I'll piece them into a throw. I was going for the full quilt, but I've got to be honest, I'm bored. It's time. So I'm settling.
Oh, and I forgot to mention that I'm hoping to enter it in the Henry County Fair 4H Quilt Show. I think it's a competition and I'm aiming for a blue ribbon! Excited!
1 comment:
Whoa. This is super cool...no idea how you do it...but WAY cool.
Post a Comment