Living at home again.

So school's almost here (classes start on Monday, woohoo) and people have come back into Charleston. It's just great. The past few days have been pretty full of the normal how-was-the-summer, ready-to-start, are-you-all-moved-in chitchat, you know. And I keep hearing myself saying, "I'm commuting this year. It's not gonna be much fun. I really wish I were living in town. It's so inconvenient. Blah blah blah." And I'm getting sick of my own complaining.

This year I am trying to save some money and am living at home. I need to live simply and that means living at home for me right now. I'm hugely blessed to have the opportunity to be so near both my family and my friends. Home is a great place - I've got more than I need at home. And I've got so many awesome friends in Charleston that have offered me the use of their showers and couches. My pride just has to take a fall and accept their kind invitations. I know that I won't be short on opportunities to interact with people. So here ends my complaining, I'm adopting a new outlook.

No comments: