I loved last night...can I tell you what I did last night? (Of course I can.)

After Bible study and a quick trip to the Coles County fair for a [phenomenal] funnel cake, I made my way to a new friend's apartment. She's a fun girl from the book group that I've been getting to know. She was excited about having people over to her new place, and I'm glad I showed up because it was definitely cool.
I didn't really know anyone and they were all a bit older than me, but we sat around Laura's kitchen counter just talking for a couple hours. The biggest chunk of conversation was spent on all the places these people have seen. I'm pretty sure all of Europe was covered between them. They had story after story of life in Europe's different cultures, the gorgeous places they'd seen, and the great people they met along the way. I just soaked it all up, wishing I were able to contribute more than questions to the conversation.

I so badly want to travel and see places and experience all that myself.

*deep sigh*

Maybe someday.

No comments: