It's another bullet-point night...my thoughts just aren't flowing.
  • I intended to go to work today, but it just didn't happen. My day was much better spent at the park. I read. I prayed. I sang. I thought. I walked. I had some much needed time with the Father. It was a pretty sweet day.
  • My Beth Moore family group is exceptional. I absolutely adore these girls. Wow. Together, we're learning so much. I don't want it to end.
  • It's so great to be real with the people around you. The authenticity has been contagious. I'm seeing how necessary sharing your struggles with other believers is and feeling the consequential blessing. I feel so free. Praising.
  • I saw a shooting star tonight and it hit me that God loves it when we love his creation, but He didn't make it all for us. It's all for Him. (lol...and coldplay crept into my head... look at the stars look how they shine for you...pretty sure those song lyrics aren't relevant, but its about finding God all over everything right?)
  • I can't get vanilla chai off my mind...will tomorrow ever come?
  • Looking back over my posts...noticed that I always say when something big is happening and that I'll post about it later, but never actually get around to it. I'm a bum.
  • I'm gonna go to St.Louis a couple times this weekend...holler. Some quality time in the car with the sibs (soon-sister included! really excited about having a sister.) and then a fiasco with some crazy people from Springfield. Excitement!
  • Involved in planning a bridal shower for my friend Kim...muah hahahah. People are getting married like crazy...yay for love!
  • School...what? Only a month left?! UNBELIEVABLE. Summer classes...ugh.
  • Reminded again tonight that grades are important, but they aren't what this is about. There's nothing wrong with some B's. I don't even want to care. I want to be wrapped up spending time with God and investing my time in people. That's what matters. This experience will be gone too quickly, and I want to say I made the most of it. Will I get another chance to interact with so many different people like this once I'm out of college? Probably not.
  • Oh, a couple friends made me fill out a NCAA tourney bracket back when i visited IWU. I randomly picked some schools and I did pretty well, I guess. I had UCLA and Florida in the championship with Florida winning. I heard that's how things panned out, right? If they had turned it in, I could have picked up $150. That would have rocked. But they didn't so it's just pretty neat.
That's all for now. Arrivederci.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Heather, you're super! And don't forget...if it feels good, you're probably sinning. haha

Anonymous said...

Hi sweet niece of mine. I am so excited to hear how God is growing you! Keep seeking the face of Jesus! I just thought you would want to know that there is a team from IWU coming to Uganda in 2007! Wish you could come! Love ya, Aunt Dee

Anonymous said...

you support this...


http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2397625

Herschel said...

said craziness with springfield people might include various others from towns south of trilla including fairfield...

Heather Mae said...

ryan...you are so strange. miss ya.

aunt dee...maybe someday? i would love to, of course. miss you terribly!

brittany...craaaaaazy.

anonymous...i don't get it.

herschel...YAY! cannot wait.

erinlizabeth said...

you really think we're crazy?

;)

Anonymous said...

FINALLY! GRADES ARENT EVERYTHING! How long have some of us been preaching this very thing? Glad to see we have another convert. You should hang with us some time again.... Peace out... H-Dub

Anonymous said...

Grades are just letters, people are souls.

Anonymous said...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/flash/zoomGallery?section=gen&photoGalleryId=2403785&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos2

cool site about the new stadium in St. Louis

Herschel said...

it was truly good to see you last night....sad that i couldnt join yall for krispy kreme

dlaz said...

I was certainly sad that you couldn't make it herschel. you missed out on us being lost for like 30 minutes.

heather it was fun hangin with you except when you forced me to eat those 20 extra donuts(ok it felt like 20 extra).

...i think you're a bad influence on me...

have fun at EIU!

Heather Mae said...

erin...i KNOW y'all are crazy.

anonymous...good point. grades have no eternal value.

anonymous... thanks for the pics. are you a fan too? amazing place!

herschel... i'm so glad you came! and the donuts were good, but you caught the greatness. it was definitely good to get to talk to you. see you again soon!

dave...ONE donut! and there was absolutely no force involved. i think you were just waiting for someone else to take one. i've gotta agree...it was fun.

dlaz said...

yeah i really was waiting for someone to take one but hoping nobody would.

*sigh* i guess i just like to follow the crowd. thanks for being a good example :P

erinlizabeth said...

ok, maybe you're right...

we're pretty crazy! :-D

and yes, your pillow is at my house, waiting for you! when are you coming back? huh huh??? :) can't wait 'till this weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Heather, heather
how i miss thee

i hope you had a good easter and that everything's still going well for you. call you soon,
laura

Herschel said...

cool hand luke?

Anonymous said...

i am a fan of the cards. my dad usually gets season tickets but this season we couldn't afford them...sad i know. do you go to the games?

Phil_Williams said...

Heather something sort of bad happened... i think i want to call when it is conveinent

Anonymous said...

what is going on player?